Day 17 – Share 20 facts about yourself
I’m posting this on an extremely rainy evening because it’s the easiest option on the list – the others I have left would require me snapping a picture of something, and it’s too dark to take pictures. Oh, and I’m sorry I haven’t been doing these blog posts in the mornings… evenings are just when I feel like blogging!
So, without further ado..
1. I don’t mind talking about myself. My About page will show you that. 😉 I’ve never been shy, quite the reverse, actually. I’ve been called “Bubbly” and “Warm”… I’m outgoing. It’s a part of who I am. I am a social butterfly. 😀
2. I don’t like soda or coffee. I will drink fruit-flavored sodas but I don’t enjoy the feel of the carbonated stuff going down my throat. I don’t even like the smell of coffee! I much prefer juice or water.
3. I hate having to leave a message on an answering machine (I always feel like I sound so silly) or having to use a public bathroom. *shudder*
4. I can ride a horse fairly well, although I’m not super-good at it. I took English riding lessons for a year or so and was just beginning to jump low hurdles when I stopped taking lessons. But if I ever needed to ride a horse, I know how. 😀
5. My favorite chocolate is Ghiradelli, with Milky Way bars and Dove chocolates being close runners-up.
6. I love music with a peppy beat and harmonic melodies, and I love singing along to it. 🙂 I have a natural ear for music that I consider a precious gift from God.
7. I’ve lived in four different houses so far in my life, and two different states.
8. When I was younger I consumed books as if they were food. (No, I didn’t actually eat them.) I read something every day, sometimes several books in a day. Now I don’t spend as much time reading, but I still love the thrill of reading a good adventure or mystery. 😀
9. I love perfume, and my collection of scented Bath and Body Works paraphernalia is larger than I would care to admit. 😀
10. Anything shiny or sparkly, I LOVE. Glitter… pearls… chandeliers, lamps, mirrors, you name it, I like it. 🙂
11. I have enough shoes for about three people. More if you count the flip-flops.
12. I’m not scared of bugs, be they spiders or scorpions or anything insectoid. I will squish them myself. But since I am a lady, if there is a gentleman nearby (say, a handsome younger brother) I will graciously allow them to dispatch it for me.
13. I love going places! I would adore traveling to Europe someday… (England! France! Italy!) or a trip out West to see the Grand Canyon… or another trip up the east coast of the USA. 🙂
14. I used to want to get married when I was 19. 😉 (But that was when I was like, 15.) Now I’m glad I didn’t get married then (not that I had the option) because I still had so much to learn about life. But I still want 9 kids. 😀
15. Once upon a time I dreamed about becoming “the next Rebecca St. James”… I wanted to be the one singing my new single on the radio! 😀 Now I just enjoy singing in church with the worship team, and playing the bass guitar that I picked up just over a month ago.
16. I have a large vocabulary, but I always like learning new words. 😀
17. I like to make people laugh. It’s one of my favorite things to do. 🙂 Even if it’s just making one of my brothers laugh if I make a funny face, or making my mom giggle at some unusual accent I start using. Humor is fun. 😀
18. My brothers and I regularly play “The Movie Quote Game” while I wash the dishes and they dry. We take turns quoting a line from a movie and the others have to guess where it’s from. Steven always wins. It’s really hard to stump him! 🙂
19. Someday I’d like to live in Virginia, North Carolina, or eastern Tennessee, even if it’s only for a few months or so. I LOVE the smoky mountains. But then, I also love the beach. 😀 But year-round, I prefer a climate that actually has four seasons.
20. One of my favorite things to get is an email from a friend, or a blog comment. It makes my day. (*HINT-HINT*) 😀